Leander Lakewood Park, a City of Leander project parks development budgeted just over $7 million, is set to open on September 5.
According to the City of Leander website, “amenities will include a large pavilion with restroom facilities, splash pad, playground, dog park, boardwalk, lakeside pavilions, vehicle parking areas, trails, skate park, basketball and volleyball courts, and a kayak pavilion.”
Lakewood Park Funding Sources
- $6,710,000 general obligation bond proceeds (2018)
- $800,000 parkland dedication fund (2018)
- $565,000 general obligation bond proceeds (2016)
- $270,000 parkland dedication fund (2016)
- $400,000 Texas Parks & Wildlife grant (2015)
- Map and amenities rendering (2018)
- Project summary in CIP budget (2018)
- General obligation bond election (2016)
- Texas Parks & Wildlife grant award (2015)
For questions or additional park information, please email Leander Parks & Recreation or call 512-528-9909.
Images by Leander Lakewood Park